Monday 5 September 2011

Portfolio Update

Nothing much going on with my portfolio at the moment. Both PERDANA and MMODE have not hit their respective stop losses. Due to the uncertain environment and the heightened expectations of recession , my net exposure of approximately 24% seems pretty comfortable at the moment. Not looking to increase my exposure for the time being.

I am actually wishing that we'll experience another bear market, so that I could pick up some good quality stocks at bargain-basement prices (Graham-Dodd-Buffet hat). TENAGA looks like its going to be on its way to the basement, but not quite yet in my opinion. Probably 3-4 more floors to go. The coal price issue will still be the deciding factor when investing in this stock. Other than that, it's a blue-chip monopoly - what more can I say?

---

Currently I am in the process of obtaining more funds to manage from a few family members. Once that is complete my fund size should increase to around RM100,000. This will give me the required economies of scale in terms of brokerage fees as well as have a sizeable portfolio to manage and base to generate required track record.

I hope to one day manage over RM1 billion in funds, either via own company or as a fund manager in major fund houses. Dream the impossible. Desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment